Monday, October 26, 2009

I Remember That Little Boy !













I remember the first time when I crawled on the floor as my Mom and Dad were so excited playing with me.

I remember the first day when I went to the school and wore my cute lil' uniform as I brought my superman toys with me.

I remember when I made friends with the other kids and running around the yard without even thinking that time is running.

I remember when the teacher called for my name as she took presence check before the class started and I excitedly replied: “here, here!”

I remember when I dreamed to be a lecturer and practicing in front of my mirror as if I were teaching in front of the class.

I remember when I was so happy as I got a trophy for my math championships and brought home a stack of books as the rewards and shown it to my Mom.

I remember when I cried all the day just for a blunt wish to get a new shoes while my Dad hadn’t be able to get me any as he had promised if I got good grades. But then by the end of the day, I forgot all those resentments and plays nearby the lake with friends.

I still also remember when I fell with bad grade and My Mom was preaching on me like I cant stop her speaking. Though I was so sad with that too, at the end of the day I ran outside and danced in the rain with the other kids.

I remember that little boy who has a great spirit and never-ending faith on his way, playing, running, dancing, laughing and crying as if there is no tomorrow.

Just when I stood in front of a kid books section at one of the book store yesterday, I started to realize that I haven't seen that little boy again for a quite long time.

As we got busy with life, works stuff, school, love-life and so on, that little boy has been left in time-cage that he hardly to get out and play.

People nowadays see the very truth of themselves in the public wants, when they get a decent job, gorgeous partner and on-the-top of life position that any other people might not experience that.
We judge ourselves for not being happy and secured in a matter of those deeds.

And when we failed, we started to question whether we have done everything right or not. We doubted the very credibility of ourselves for not being able to reach that line and trapped in an interminable wail of griefs.

Man started to question about their very existence when no one sees them as the other did.
We then decided to take a good break and discovered of what could have gone wrong with everything. That we should have done this and that.

Or take the most extreme way, we feel tired and gave up with everything (even ourselves) and think may be it meant to be this way and this is enough (at least) for that moment.
We finished the day with a pathetic statement that sounds like : “hey maybe you were meant to get something else, or maybe you were meant to be someone else!”

Whatsoever the final conclusion that we made in the end of the day, I was trying to say that we (still) have that little boy inside there. A creature that knows no fear, no doubt and no giving up when he wants to get something.

He has never gone away or disappeared all this time. We just never realized that he still existed in our adult life. He’s there, sitting on the couch and waiting to be called by us to play outside and dance in the rain.

--- Life is an occasional burst of laughters rising above the interminable wail of griefs ---

No comments:

Post a Comment